It is our mission to make you fall in love with yourself every day!
Why is this so important to me? Cuz guuurl I have been struggling with this myself and my journey to more selflove has been going on for years, many coachings and a lot of reading. There are a few powerful women in my life that share believes I now want to share with you.
1. A lotta two-faced people show me both sides so I figured out I gotta be my own type - Lizzo, Soulmate
It's important to love yourself before anyone else loves you, fully agree. But it's more important to love yourself so you don't need validation from someone else's love for you. Be your own type!
2. I want to fall in love, but mainly with myself - Arianna Grande (right?)
We have to stop looking for unconditional love from others and start looking for it from ourselves.
3. I'm like chardonnay, get better over time - Lizzo, Juice
Selflove is a journey, don't force it, forgive yourself if the little voice inside your head talks down on you and try to enjoy the ride, cuz gurl you are like Chardonnay!
4. You either walk inside your story and own it or you stand outside your story and hustle for your worthiness - Brené Brown
This is a layered one, but ownership is crucial in not needing validation from others. If you consciously decide something, you don't need external applause. So own whatever decision you make. Walk inside your story. Don't hustle for others to approve it, because that's alot more energy draining and you will always crave more.
5. I twirl on them haters - Beyoncé, Formation
I mean come on, even Beyoncé - let me repeat that BE.YOOOON.CEEE has haters. So again, don't let your selfworth be depending on others because you'd have to outshine even the queen.
6. Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love - Brené Brown
This one is so important. Do you talk negatively about yourself? If so, think about all the things you say to yourself daily. Are they nice? Would you say them out loud to someone you love? Would you judge someone else the way you do yourself? Nope? Then please, be aware of it and every time you catch yourself doing it, tell yourself something different. Rephrase your thought and turn it into something positive, because you deserve it.
7. I'm still learning how to look in the mirror and thank my body rather than criticize it because it takes time to unlearn the patterns of thinking that have been ingrained in me since childhood. But I am going to keep fighting because I deserve the love that I have deprived myself of for so long - Jameela Jamil
Selflove is so much more than just loving your body, buuut having an off day or wearing jeans that are just too tight don't help. You're in this journey for life, you're in this body for life, so embrace is a little bit more every day! So keep fighting, because you deserve it
8. Let go of who you think you’re supposed to be, embrace who you are - Brené Brown
Everybody has an idea of who or what we should be. only your own definition matters honey. I could write books about this, so definitely to be continued!
9. I only know how to be me, and people thrive when they’re who they’re meant to be - Rihanna
We are all an odd combination of 'stereotype's. We can't be put in a box. Hell, look at me. I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, but also with Lizzo. I meditate and am very spiritual, but I also give twerkshops. Don't let prenotions define who you should be and be your own combination of uniqueness!
10. I'mma marry me one day - Lizzo, Soulmate
YAZ YAZ YAZ!! Can we get an AMEN? #PREACH
It will take a lot of repeating so write them down, put them on your mirror, read them daily, put them as a reminder in your phone, schedule emails to yourself with tiny notes. Do whatever it will take for you to see them often and start internalizing them! <3